display _ as left arrow (was Re: Help on sending a UDP Packet)

From: address@hidden
Subject: display _ as left arrow (was Re: Help on sending a UDP Packet)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 20:57:55 +0100 (CET)

It's not by the way that I'm sure I'd really like that feature for GNU
smalltalk,
if it would exist at all, where a Unicode character would be used for the
left-arrow.

The idea of GNU Smalltalk is to use a UNIX command-line style environment,
and use "Emacs" (editor) and so on ... it's not about emulating the more
graphically oriented
development environment of older Smalltalk implementations.

So by default it is logical that GNU smalltalk limits itself to strict ASCII
characters.

Using '_' is just fine as it currently is :

https://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/manual/html_node/Syntax.html

in the footnote it describes '_'.