Re: The gst-browser is broken in Ubuntu 20.04

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: The gst-browser is broken in Ubuntu 20.04
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 16:18:32 +0100 (CET)

For what it's worth , gst-browser is working for me on Solaris 11.3.

I don't use it (I just use the CLI) but gst-browser a.k.a. VisualGST seems to
work.

See screenshot in attach.  Also the about box of VisualGST (as it seems to be
named),
refers to https://github.com/MrGwen/gst-visualgst but that URL is not working
any more.

However I remember that the GNU smalltalk maintainer (for the last releases)
Holger Freyther mentioned something about GTK+-2.0 being stopped maintained.

This may be one of the underlying problems with a new GNU smalltalk release.

I don't know enough about GTK but in your case I'd check whether the old
GTK+-2.0
canberra-gtk-module is installed on your Ubuntu system.

David Stes