Re: The gst-browser is broken in Ubuntu 20.04

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: The gst-browser is broken in Ubuntu 20.04
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 16:47:16 +0100 (CET)

You could also try an older version of Ubuntu or
https://ubuntu-mate.org/about/ which is a fork of GNOME-2 (MATE) on Ubuntu.

I haven't used Ubuntu MATE (https://ubuntu-mate.org) but it may have the
necessary GTK2 libs.

> I don't know enough about GTK but in your case I'd check whether the old
> GTK+-2.0
> canberra-gtk-module is installed on your Ubuntu system.

Basically gst-browser is not broken, but the OS Ubuntu you are using,
may be missing some installed libraries or desktop environment ...

In my opinion "gst-browser" (VisualGST) is a nice addition to GNU Smalltalk,
but it does not seem essential in the GNU smalltalk philosophy,
of a basic Smalltalk on top of Emacs/CLI etc.