help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] same but different :)

From: Curtis A. Weyant
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] same but different :)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:35:53 -0500

>> > I would like to have the same program but in php3. I want a function that
>> > take a string in param and generate a tagged hightligthed html string that
>> > i can display directly in php.
>>
>> I can take a look at this.
>> Ok Lorenzo ?
>
>Hi all
>
>I'm not sure I understood the problem;  first I don't know php, but as I
>understand you'd like to be able to call source-highlight from a sort of
>cgi and display directly in response?

This should be pretty easy to do from php.  Consider the following:

<?php
  $output = `your command here`;
  print $output;
?>

If all you wanted was just the straight output of the command, this should do
the trick.

Note that I haven't actually used source-highlight, so I don't know exactly how
it works.

Hope that helps!

Curtis.

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com

From address@hidden Fri Mar 01 14:47:02 2002

> >> I can take a look at this.
> >> Ok Lorenzo ?
> >
> >Hi all
> >
> >I'm not sure I understood the problem;  first I don't know php, but as I
> >understand you'd like to be able to call source-highlight from a sort of
> >cgi and display directly in response?
>
> This should be pretty easy to do from php.  Consider the following:
>
> <?php
>   $output = `your command here`;
>   print $output;
> ?>
>
> If all you wanted was just the straight output of the command, this should do
> the trick.

that's exactly what I meant :-)

was this the original intention?

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|  Mail             : address@hidden            |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://w3.newnet.it/bettini/purple     Cover Band  |