help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] End of Perl POD sections not being seen?

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] End of Perl POD sections not being seen?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:13:10 +0200

Grant McLean wrote:
Hi

I've just discovered source-highlight and it seems to solve exactly the problem I have right now. I downloaded and built version 1.7 and it
seems to work pretty well except for one minor glitch.  In Perl code,
the end of a POD section is signalled by:

=cut

Source-highlight seems to ignore '=cut' and marks everything from the
first '=head' to the end of the file as a comment :-(

This is the command I used:

  source-highlight -s perl -f html -d -c /perl.css < MyModule.pm

Is this a known problem or have I done something wrong?

Hi

I haven't written the perl scanner myself (Martin, it was you, wasn't it?). I think this is a bug I could easily fix. Could you please send me the source of the perl program that exhibits this problem (sorry, I'm not a Perl programmer :-) directly to me (not to the list) so that I can have a test source to solve the problem?

see you soon
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |