help-tar

Corrupcion in Tar Archive with use LTO tape

From: alvarg
Subject: Corrupcion in Tar Archive with use LTO tape
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 18:37:02 -0300

I explain my topic I am using tar to backup data on LTO 4 tapes, but when there are unexpected power outages, the tar gets corrupted when it comes back and it is useless to store new data in the .tar file. Any GNU / linux program that fixes this? o tar has a repair option, with the increased space of LTO tapes it is vital that tars on tapes are not corrupted by something so common that it can be a power outage