Re: pdftex with @image

From: Andre van Dijk
Subject: Re: pdftex with @image
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:00:05 GMT

>                               @hss }
> @imagexxx ... @else @centerline address@hidden #1.pdf}
>                                                   @fi
> @image ...sftrue @fi @else @imagexxx #1,,,@finish
>                                                   @fi
> l.48 @image{lens}
>
> Error: pdftex (file address@hidden): cannot open image file
> -------------------------------->
>
> Neither makeinfo or texi2html seem to have any problem with the texinfo
> source, @image{lens}, no width height parameters.
>
> The html output uses the png correctly, and the info output uses the txt
> correctly, so I am reasonably sure the texinfo system for those outputs
> is working fine.  The pdf file for the figure does exist and looks
> correct when I view it in acroread and gs so the input lens.pdf is ok.
>
> I tried the very latest texinfo.tex from texinfo.org, so I have the
> latest there, my pdfTeX is 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1), so it isn't the
> latest snapshot.
>
> I am wondering if anybody knows what is causing the problem?
>
> I have tried building dvi and converting (using eps images) to pdf from
> there and that works fine, but I don't get hypertext or bookmarks in the
> pdf which is quite nice so I would prefer to use pdfTeX.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I understand that the pdf
> support is basic, but I am hoping there is something wrong on my side.

I've noticed the same. I use this approach to insert an image to work around it:

@ifhtml
@image{ieproxyconf}
@end ifhtml
@iftex
@address@hidden@undefined
@image{ieproxyconf}
@else
@pdfimage{ieproxyconf.png}
@fi
@end iftex

I haven't taken the trouble to upgrade texinfo or PDFTeX. My versions are:
pdfTeX:  (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.13d
TeXinfo: 1999-03-26.17

Good Luck,

Andre