Re: how to setup info?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: how to setup info?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:55:30 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> i'm Gerrit, i subscribed this list, because i'm fighting with info.exe.
>
> I looked through the texinfo manual, there is a paragraph about install-
> info, but i didn't get it running.
> I think it should be possible to set up a dir-file of all info files on
> my system, but everytime i tried, only one info-page was listed in the
> dir file.

"info.exe" seems to hint that you use a DOS or Windows port of
Texinfo.  If so, the following command, if typed at your shell's
command prompt, should do the trick:

  for %f in (*.info *.info.gz) do install-info %f

You should type this from the directory where you keep your Info
files.

> Only way i see is, to add every file by hand, and as i tried this, i
> doesn't work with info-files like automake.info.gz.

For this to work, you need a port of gzip to be installed and be
somewhere on your PATH.