Re: random texinfo questions

From: David Petrou
Subject: Re: random texinfo questions
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:54:51 -0400

> > http://www.gnu.org/manual/autoconf/index.html).  However, `makeinfo
> > --html foo.texi' doesn't seem nearly as nice.  Is there some other
> > tool out there that I don't know about?
>
> You can use texi2html:
>
> http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~obachman/Texi2html

great, i'll check that out.

> > 3. I'm trying to figure out where in my texinfo file I should put my
> > copyright information.  I've carefully read the texinfo documentation
> > on this topic, but its recommendations seem vague.  My goal is for the
> > copyright information to appear in the printed manual, html manual,
> > and info manual exactly once.  (If this goal is wrong, let me know.)
> >
> > The texinfo documentation section `Four parts begin a file' says that
> > the copyright notice should go in the title page that only appears in
> > the printed manual.  Then this node goes on to say that I can include
> > the copyright as the first node of the info file.  The problem with
> > doing this is that in the printed version, the copyright will be
> > repeated twice (once after the title page, once as the first node).
> >
> > (Also, as per the `The Title and Copyright Pages' node, I'm including
> > a copy of the copyright notice within an @ifinfo that I know will not
> > show up in info readers.  I'm not really sure what the purpose of this
> > is.)
>
> I follow the pattern described here, and seems to be working fine for
> me.

which pattern are you referring to?  my problem is that if the
copyright is visible from info, then it appears twice in the printed
version.  is this `working fine'?  also, i assume i'm misunderstanding
the detailed instructions for texinfo, since, clearly, this step is
pretty important and a lot of attention has been given to documenting
it.  but i'm stuck.  :)

> Regards,
> --
> Ovidiu Predescu <address@hidden>