Re: on using `makeinfo --no-split' to solve filename conflicts

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: on using `makeinfo --no-split' to solve filename conflicts
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:15:23 +0100

>>> "Zaretskii" == Zaretskii Eli <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 >> What happens when you unpack this tarball?  Does tar
 >> automatically renames these files?

 Zaretskii> If you unpack with DJTAR, a program supplied with
 Zaretskii> DJGPP, it will indeed rename the files.

 >> [*] By the bye, I note that the behavior you describe breaks the
 >> Automake rules that distribute and install foo.info and
 >> foo.info-*.  Should these rules be fixed to also distribute and
 >> install foo.i* files, or would this causes trouble on other
 >> platforms?

 Zaretskii> The rules should be fixed, yes.

Fixing the `install' rule is easy enough.

Fixing the `dist' rule seems impossible to me.  Karl told me
that makeinfo would not read foo.inf, or foo.iNN on other
platforms; so these files can't be distributed as-is.  Or will
DJTAR rename foo.iNN back to foo.info-NN when building a
tarball?
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz