Re: [help-texinfo] makeinfo and include problem

From: Thomas Porschberg
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] makeinfo and include problem
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:49:51 +0200

Am Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:47:47 -0600
schrieb address@hidden (Karl Berry):

>     I do not understand why at "make install" time the documentation
>     will be created again.
>
> Oh, I didn't understand that was the problem.
>
> If tora.html already exists, then indeed, it seems makinfo --html
> should not be being run.

Now I see, the HTML creation from texi files runs without errors
but thereby  a page tora.html is never created. I get a bunch of HTML
out in a subdirectory "tora".
This explains why "make install" runs again the HTML creation.

It has the disadvantage that I run makeinfo when it is not necessary
(not terrible because makeinfo is very fast) but on the other hand I get
always fresh documentation.

The problem for me is that I can not specify all potential names of
generated HTML pages.
I have 37 texi input files which are all included in tora.texi and
46 created HTML pages.

The goal is to create a new documentation bunch if one of the
37 texi input changed.

Do you have an idea ?

Thomas