Re: [help-texinfo] Changing fonts (default one doesn't support accents)

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Changing fonts (default one doesn't support accents)
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:45:59 -0600

Hi Nicolas and all,

I updated ftp://tug.org/tex/texinfo.tex with the following patch.  With
this, your tests pretty much work for me.  The exception is that the
accents do not show up in the pdf bookmarks/outline created with
@contents.  Fixing that would take a lot more time, so I hope you can
live without it.

I didn't try it on your real cinelarra manual.  If it fails there, let
me know as usual.

Best,
Karl

*** texinfo.tex 22 Dec 2006 17:21:51 -0000      1.226
--- texinfo.tex 23 Dec 2006 21:19:45 -0000
***************
*** 1319,1321 ****
      % such as \, aren't expanded when present in a section title.
!     \atdummies
      \activebackslashdouble
--- 1316,1319 ----
      % such as \, aren't expanded when present in a section title.
!     \indexnofonts
!     \turnoffactive
      \activebackslashdouble
***************
*** 6366,6368 ****
      \getfilename{#4}%
!     {\turnoffactive
       % See comments at \activebackslashdouble.
--- 6365,6368 ----
      \getfilename{#4}%
!     {\indexnofonts
!      \turnoffactive
       % See comments at \activebackslashdouble.
***************
*** 6513,6518 ****
  \def\xrdef#1#2{%
!   \expandafter\gdef\csname XR#1\endcsname{#2}% remember this xref value.
    %
    % Was that xref control sequence that we just defined for a float?
!   \expandafter\iffloat\csname XR#1\endcsname
      % it was a float, and we have the (safe) float type in \iffloattype.
--- 6513,6526 ----
  \def\xrdef#1#2{%
!   {% The node name might contain 8-bit characters, which in our current
!    % implementation are changed to commands like @'e.  Don't let these
!    % mess up the control sequence name.
!     \indexnofonts
!     \turnoffactive
!     \xdef\safexrefname{#1}%
!   }%
!   %
!   \expandafter\gdef\csname XR\safexrefname\endcsname{#2}% remember this xref
    %
    % Was that xref control sequence that we just defined for a float?
!   \expandafter\iffloat\csname XR\safexrefname\endcsname
      % it was a float, and we have the (safe) float type in \iffloattype.
*** 6531,6533 ****
      % for later use in \listoffloats.
!     \expandafter\xdef\csname floatlist\iffloattype\endcsname{\the\toks0{#1}}%
    \fi
--- 6539,6542 ----
      % for later use in \listoffloats.
!     \expandafter\xdef\csname floatlist\iffloattype\endcsname{\the\toks0
!       {\safexrefname}}%
    \fi