Re: @ref without page numbers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: @ref without page numbers
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 11:01:05 +0300

> From: Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com>
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 23:00:40 +0200
> Cc: help-texinfo gnu <help-texinfo@gnu.org>
>
> Pdf are very important in business settings, and because Texinfo allows
> inclusion of mathematical expression (through @math, @tex), the pdf output
> is very useful.

Texinfo doesn't have a separate PDF output format.  It just
piggy-backs the printed-document format for that, so it gets
everything that the printed-document format is supposed to produce.

If we want PDF output that has its own rules, we must develop an
independent PDF back-end.  I'm sure patches to that effect will be
welcome.  Until that is done, the printed format is what we have, and
need to live with.  IMO, at least.