Re: Displaying images for html output

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Displaying images for html output
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 17:20:00 +0000

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:11 PM Patrice Dumas <pertusus@free.fr> wrote:
> I think that if the path does not starts with . or .. or is an absolute
> path, it would make sense
> 1) to search in include directories (I think that the current directory
>   is always in front of of the search path)
> 2) to check if the directories and image file exist in the destination
>   directory and if not copy the file
>
> For point 2), there could be a customization variable to prevent the
> copy, that would be off in the default case, but can be turned on for
> the users who want backward compatibility or do something else by
> themselves, for instance use links.

That sounds okay, as searching include directories matches what
happens with TeX. When you say "current directory" this should mean
the directory containing the Texinfo file, not the working directory
from which texi2any is run. (What to do when a file in a subdirectory
is @include'd and then references an image, I don't know.)