Re: automatic generation of @menu entries

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: automatic generation of @menu entries
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:13:42 +0100

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 08:54:14PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> that said, i'll note that in my testing, @menu is being generated for chapter
> nodes with sections, but it's not being generated for the Top node.  i tried:
> $ makeinfo -I doc --no-split -I doc -I ../../../sim/doc -o doc/sim.info
> ../../../sim/doc/sim.texi \
>     -c 'TREE_TRANSFORMATIONS=complete_tree_nodes_menus,regenerate_master_menu'

With test.texi as the following:

\input texinfo

@node Top
@top

Top node

@node Chapter One
@chapter One

aaa

@node Chapter Two
@chapter Two

bbb

@bye

running "texi2any test.texi" generates test.info as (some control
characters omitted):

This is test.info, produced by texi2any version 6.8dev+dev from
test.texi.

File: test.info,  Node: Top,  Next: Chapter One,  Up: (dir)

Top node

* Menu:

* Chapter One::
* Chapter Two::

File: test.info,  Node: Chapter One,  Next: Chapter Two,  Prev: Top,  Up: Top

1 One
*****

aaa

File: test.info,  Node: Chapter Two,  Prev: Chapter One,  Up: Top

2 Two
*****

bbb

Tag Table:
Node: Top76
Node: Chapter One191
Node: Chapter Two290

End Tag Table

Local Variables:
coding: utf-8
End:

Here the menu is correctly generated in the top node, so I am not sure
what the problem is.  Could you send a minimal failing example?