hurd-devel

Re: please test libc

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: please test libc
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:41:39 -0400 (EDT)

>    From: Roland McGrath <address@hidden>
>    Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:23:25 -0400 (EDT)
>
>    > That's before Roland made the relevant changes.  It compiles and runs
>    > fine for me now.
>
>    Great.  Can you try make check?
>
> Sorry, no.  I'm still cross-compiling from Linux, which makes running
> `make check' a bit tricky, that is, I haven't figured out how I should
> do it if it's possible at all.

Ok, that's where I am at too.  I feel a little silly for just having
noticed a couple days ago that you can run "make check" when
cross-compiling and it will build all the programs and not run them.
I found some bugs myself just doing that.

If you have a hurd, you could nfs-mount your libc build directory from
linux and run make check (maybe), or copy test programs over.  Some of the
hairier tests are driven by scripts and so forth that would be a pain to
find all of to copy over, but I'm mostly interested in the dynamic linker
tests from elf/, which are not hard to copy over along with all their test
.so files.