hurd-devel

Re: ioperm

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: ioperm
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:36:16 -0700

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 09:19:10PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Here are libc patches to add sys/io.h and ioperm a la Linux, using
> Marcus's new Mach interfaces.  Please test this and once it works I
> will put it into libc.  This is from my 2.3 tree, and you will need
> a slightly different makefile hack to get mach_i386 stubs built in a
> 2.2 tree; just hack the interface list in mach/Makefile, and I will
> clean it up when I put it in.

Oh hey, I should read the comments when I'm applying patches.  (This
explains why my new glibc has no ioperms function...)

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what to put in this Makefile.
There isn't a good example to follow for something that's sitting in a
sysdeps directory.  Would I just add "ioperms" to this?:

user-interfaces := $(filter-out mach/mach_interface \
                                mach/mach_port mach/mach_host mach/mach4 \
                                device/device_request,\
                                $(user-interfaces))

Sorry for the hassle.  Once I get this and Marcus tests it, I'll also
have a clean patch for you to apply against the 2.2 tree.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.