hurd-devel

Re: ioperm

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: ioperm
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 06:16:53 -0700

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 09:19:10PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Here are libc patches to add sys/io.h and ioperm a la Linux, using
> Marcus's new Mach interfaces.  Please test this and once it works I
> will put it into libc.  This is from my 2.3 tree, and you will need
> a slightly different makefile hack to get mach_i386 stubs built in a
> 2.2 tree; just hack the interface list in mach/Makefile, and I will
> clean it up when I put it in.

> Please test this asap if you can, even if you don't need it right
> now.  This may be the last thing I slip into libc 2.2.6 and I'd like
> to get it cooked and done sooner rather than later.

I have tested this, and this is present in the glibc package that I
just posted to the `debian-libio' directory.  That package has been
tested succesfully by Marcus.

If you'd like a glibc-2.2 friendly patch, I can send it to you.  Aside
from that, the only weirdness was:

-                                    exc mach4                          \
+                                    exc mach4 i386/mach_i386           \

I had to call that i386/mach_i386 instead to get it to find it.

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.