hurd-devel

Re: release directory

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: Re: release directory
Date: 19 Sep 2002 19:47:04 -0700

Jeff Bailey <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 01:14:02PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
>
> > The announcements should remain *somewhere* in CVS; it doesn't
> > matter if they are moved, but I would like it if they are part of
> > the default checkout.  They are important parts of the canonical
> > source, and the format of them should be more or less followed for
> > future announcements.
>
> Would you be satisfied with having them in doc/historical or somewhere
> similar to that?  I'm thinking somewhere general that important
> documents, notes and such can be kept (hopefuly not leading to the
> same amount of cruft as is in the Emacs source code - But it's
> probably inevitable).

Sure, I don't care much where.  My desire is that they be really
checked out (not deleted-but-still-in-the-repository).  They also are
normally *not* distributed in the source tarball (and should therefore
not live in such places).

That is, they are the developer's private notes, but are still
important as such.  The official source tarball (which releases we
*do* want to make, even if it's not the priority now) would not have
these, nor should the corresponding Debian .orig.tgz file.

Thomas