ifile-discuss

Re: [Ifile-discuss] How much does reindexing a message affect filtering?

From: Karl Vogel
Subject: Re: [Ifile-discuss] How much does reindexing a message affect filtering?
Date: 18 Nov 2002 17:31:38 -0500

>> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:38:31 -0800 (PST),
>> Booker Bense <address@hidden> said:

B> The advantage of this is that it adds messages to the index when they
B> are in what I currently believe to be the right folder[3]. The
B> disadvantage is that a specific message may be added to the index many
B> times[4]. Does any one have any advices on what effect this may have on
B> ifile's efficiency? If it's a really bad idea I can code around it.

   I've found that repeatedly adding messages to an index changes the
   weighting of that message, and if done often enough, can change the
   category assigned by ifile.  I haven't found any effects on efficiency,
   though.

--
Karl Vogel               ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
address@hidden                   http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke

Why is the Indiana football team like a possum?
Because they play dead at home, and get killed on the road.