ifile-discuss

Re: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Large spam-only .idata file available

From: Preben Randhol
Subject: Re: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Large spam-only .idata file available
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:42:55 +0200

clemens fischer <address@hidden> wrote on 06/05/2003 (14:11) :
> for example:  i'm currently testing bogofilter-0.11.2 (it only does
> spam/ham detection, but it also does base64 decoding and it tags IP
> addresses), and i have around 16.000 good messages vs. 999 spams in a
> database build afresh during the past weeks.  this setup gives me
> false negatives (quite a few spams categorized as ham).  with each new
> spam (re-)classified the recision improves.

Doesn't bogofilter also have some kind of English dictionary lookup
system? Not very useful for me as a lot of the SPAM I get are languages
other than English. Anyway I'm quite content with ifile. I get perhaps
2-5 false negatives out of about 25-30 SPAM messages each day. I don't
find that bad as I filter mail from 5 high traffic mailinglist and about
10 of low traffic.

However I learned that subscribing to the LyX and GTK+ mailinglist and
then get sick for 3 days without being able to check my mail and then
downloading all in one batch was not such a good idea. I got most of the
LyX and Gtk+ mails in my Mutt and Vim folders so "some" was needed work
to retrain ifile, but now it works perfectly and it filters all four
mailinglist without hickups :-) On the other hand filtering 3Mb of mail
was done very fast with ifile.

--
Preben Randhol                    http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/