[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Forcing DOS line endings on checkout/update

From: Lan Barnes
Subject: Re: Forcing DOS line endings on checkout/update
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:47:02 -0700

Laine Stump wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 02:43:38PM -0400, Alleman, Lowell wrote:
> > > I'm surprised that there isn't some environmental variable that you
> > > can just set, like 'CVS_ENV=DOS' which would setup the end of line modes.
> >
> They have needed it. And every time they bring it up on this mailing
> list, it is shot down by people who don't want/need it, and therefore
> insist that it is a silly idea. I tired of the debate after the 2nd or
> third time, and am now just waiting for Subversion to go gold - maybe
> the people there will be more reasonable wrt real-world needs.

Thanks for posting this to the list. I, too, have despaired that
the CVS community is interested in addressing real world concerns
(my disillusionment came in the Great
You-Don't-Need-Binary-File-Support Flame Fest, which, I
understand, is a periodic event -- kind of like red tides). I've
been looking at Aegis, but it seems a bit too restrictive -- the
aegis way or the highway. Now, thanks to your tip, I can look at

> ([...] And why am I replying to the thread
> this time?  Because I figured it was time that the people asking for
> this knew that they weren't crazy, and weren't alone).

A good reason. I'm posting publicly because, without honest
feedback, people can simply not know what others are thinking.

Lan Barnes                 address@hidden
Icon Consulting, Inc       858-273-6677

The first 90% of the program takes the first 90% of the time, 
and the last 10% of the program takes the other 90% of the time.
                                 - Anonymous

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]