[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: cvs benchmarks
Daniels, David F
RE: cvs benchmarks
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:13:31 -0600
Thanks for the info. It helps a lot.
From: Gianni Mariani [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 12:02 PM
To: Daniels, David F
Subject: Re: cvs benchmarks
To be useful, you need to know how it compares tosomthing else on the
Another way you could look at this is - how much do you care or what is
an acceptable level of performance.
Unless you have a monster tree, you're not really going to care because
"speed" is not a feature you'll care about.
In other words, if you want an answer you're going to get much better
luck if you describe the kind of performance you care about by
describing the boundaries of your tree.
I have 1.2 gigs in my cvs repository in 20 different trees, 1900
directories, 14500 files and overall 54000 commits with users on
Windows, MacOS X, Solaris and Linux and remote access over slow lines
and people working on laptops and travelling around.
... Performance has never been an issue.
Daniels, David F wrote:
>Anything. Network performance, source tree limits and performance and the
>like. I have some metrics from the CVS Web site, but I was hoping for a bit
>From: Gianni Mariani [mailto:address@hidden
>Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 11:37 AM
>To: Daniels, David F
>Subject: Re: cvs benchmarks
>What kind of performance metrics are you looking for ?
>How big is this source tree you're going to be using ?
>Daniels, David F wrote:
>>Can anyone point me to any benchmarks on CVS's performance?
>>Info-cvs mailing list
RE: cvs benchmarks,
Daniels, David F <=
- cvs benchmarks, Daniels, David F, 2002/04/03
- RE: cvs benchmarks, Daniels, David F, 2002/04/03
- Re: cvs benchmarks, Gianni Mariani, 2002/04/03
- RE: cvs benchmarks, Tom Copeland, 2002/04/03
- grin ..., R P Herrold, 2002/04/09
- Re: grin ..., Gianni Mariani, 2002/04/09
- Re: grin ..., Harald Kucharek, 2002/04/10
- Re: grin ..., Christian Andersson, 2002/04/10
- problems getting files with a specific tag, gul colak, 2002/04/17