Re: stored mail differs from the sent

From: Thomas Persson
Subject: Re: stored mail differs from the sent
Date: 21 Apr 2004 11:21:08 +0200

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Thomas Persson <thomas@spacecentre.se> writes:
>
> > I routinely sign my emails with `mc-sign'. If the email is written
> > in the English alphabet then no problem but if it contains Swedish
> > signs like å, ä and ö then the message that gets sent verifies
> > correctly but the archived message is corrupt.
>
> It sounds like a bug in Mailcrypt.  I would suggest that you upgrade
> to Gnus 5.10 and use the built-in crypto support.
>
> --
> Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>

I don't think the problem is with mailcrypt. As I sad, the text in the
archived mail is not the same as the text in the sent mail when it
contains Swedish characters. The signature is produced with the text
in the sent mail and therefore does not verify correctly for the
archived mail because the text in the archived mail is in a different
character set or something. The mailcrypt thing is just a symptom.