Re: GNUS nnmail compatible web interface?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: GNUS nnmail compatible web interface?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:29:19 +0200

Roland Roberts <roland@astrofoto.org> writes:

> I've been playing with squirrelmail and have it working for imap.
> Since this is how my wife normally does her e-mail, she's a happy
> camper.  But I'm not :-( For e-mail lists, I typically only keep a
> short history, but for some groups, I have a much longer history
> (e.g., the e-mail record of client correspondence).  Those folders can
> become large enough that imap is a pain for normal use.  Maybe I'm
> just too demanding :-).  So....

Gnus 5.10 automatically caches the headers.  This means that entering
a group is as fast as entering an nnml group, at least the second
time.

Does this help?

Kai

PS: There is no nnmail backend, but there are nnml and nnfolder,
    amongst others.  nnmail could be construed an abstract base class
    of some backends, if you will.