Re: ISP changed News Server

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: ISP changed News Server
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:11:52 GMT

Andrew Cowper <junk.mail@bloat.plus.com> writes:

> But the question is - What should I have done?

Ignored your ISP's advice. :)

You say they just "upgraded" their newsserver. I take that to mean
that the name of it didn't change. If they did the upgrade properly,
the article numbers shouldn't have changed either, in which case you
wouldn't have had to do anything. It doesn't sound like they upgraded
properly (have you considered switching ISPs?).

If the articles numbers were the `only' things that changed, you could
have tried any of the methods mentioned in the Gnus manual under
Starting Up -> Changing Servers

Cheers,

        - Joel