Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:44 -0000

On Fri, Jun 11 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2004, 4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de wrote:
>> You can specify different `gnus-summary-line-format' values for mail
>> and news.  E.g. using `gnus-parameters' or by setting it via (topic
>> or) group parameters (see `G c': `gnus-group-customize').
>
> Hm that would mean I have to do it of every group no?

No.

(1) With `gnus-parameters':

(setq gnus-summary-line-format "standard-format")
(setq
 gnus-parameters
 '(("^\\(nnimap\\|nnfolder\\|nnml\\)"
    (gnus-summary-line-format "special-format-for-mail"))))

(2) With `gnus-group-customize':

I'd suggest to use topics mode: Put news and mail in different topics
and customize the mail topic using `G c'.

> I tried it with this group and gnus-summary-line-format:
> I presume you refer to the end of the menu, where variables are?

Yes.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,