Re: archive group and method special?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: archive group and method special?
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:57:59 +0200

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

> I would like to handle saved articles from news and mailing lists in the
> same way as Gcc'ed articles, because the situations seem quite similar
> to me.  I have a mbox file of saved articles of a news group foo.bar
> ready; I copied it to ~/Archive/foo/bar, alongside
> ~/Archive/mail/archived, which is my Gcc folder and works fine.  But
> when I create a group nnfolder+archive:foo.bar and click on it, I get
> the dreaded "Can't select group".  (Dreaded by me, at least.  I have
> never been able to do what I wanted once this message appeared).

Did you use `G m' to create that group?

If all else fails, you can still create the nnfolder+archive:foo.bar
group with `G m', then use `G f' (say) to access the saved articles,
then `M P a' to mark them all, then `B c' to copy them over to the
nnfolder+archive:foo.bar group.  Takes longer, but should be
successful.

Kai, who uses the gcc-self feature to have Gcc'd copies in the same
     groups as the incoming articles, and who uses gnus-use-cache == t
     and ticks news articles that are supposed to stay.