archive group and method special?

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: archive group and method special?
Date: 26 Jun 2004 00:39:39 -0700

I would like to handle saved articles from news and mailing lists in the
same way as Gcc'ed articles, because the situations seem quite similar
to me.  I have a mbox file of saved articles of a news group foo.bar
ready; I copied it to ~/Archive/foo/bar, alongside
~/Archive/mail/archived, which is my Gcc folder and works fine.  But
when I create a group nnfolder+archive:foo.bar and click on it, I get
the dreaded "Can't select group".  (Dreaded by me, at least.  I have
never been able to do what I wanted once this message appeared).

So is the "archive" address for nnfolder special in some way that prevents
creation of groups other than the Gcc group?  And how can I get closer to
my goal, having mboxes of saved news articles with "active" entries?
I do _not_ want these folders mixed with my nnml mail group directories.

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)