Re: don't mark articles as read?

From: Raphaël Berbain
Subject: Re: don't mark articles as read?
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:22:48 +0200

John Robot <john.robot@laposte.net> writes:

> In some situations, we may also wish the opposite: all articles
> directly marked as "read", even when they've just been moved
> (and not read). I'm thinking at a "deleted items" group...
>
> But I don't know how to do that either.

I do this for my spam group with scoring:

,----[ nnimap+nol:INBOX.spam.SCORE ]
| (("subject")
|  ("head"
|  (mark 0))
`----

That is, every article in the group with the "X-CRM114-Status: SPAM"
header (basically all articles in this group, since splitting is also
based on this header) gets a -1 score.  Every article with a negative
score is marked as read ('Y' mark).

This way, [detected] spam gets sorted in the spam group, which I enter
once in a while to check for false positives.  When I enter it, every
article is marked 'Y', I check/correct what needs to be, and then
leave the group.  Kinda like Gnus hitting 'c' for me when I hit 'q' or
'M-g'.