Re: Problem with Gnus & Leafnode

From: Ichimusai
Subject: Re: Problem with Gnus & Leafnode
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:57:33 +0200

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> Ichimusai <ichi@ichimusai.org> writes:
>
>> But when I try to select a group it says "Can't select group" and i
>> never see that dummy message that leafnode is supposed to create.
>
> It sounds like you're not using NNTP to connect to your leafnode,
> possibly trying to read the spool directly.  Are you trying to read from
> the spool or are you connecting using NNTP?

I use NNTP, just as I did when I connected through an SSH tunnel to my
news provider.

I set it by changing the following custom-set-variables:

(custom-set-variables
 '(gnus-select-method
   '(nntp "localhost" (nntp-port-number 119)))
 '(nntp-address "localhost")
 '(gnus-local-domain "ichimusai.org")
 '(gnus-large-newsgroup 5000)
 )

It was the most obvious way of doing it, am I doning somthing wrong?

Then I reset my .newsrc, ran fetchnews and fired up Gnus.

The only real problem I have is the initial select on the group. After
that, it works beautifully.

--
Ichimusai http://ichimusai.org/ AA #769 ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo: Ichimusai
MSN: Ichimusai1972 AOL: Ichimusai1972 IRC: Ichimusai@IRCNet