Re: Problem with Gnus & Leafnode

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: Problem with Gnus & Leafnode
Date: 26 Jun 2004 21:13:42 +0000

Someone referred to as: Ichimusai <ichi@ichimusai.org>
 has comitted the herein quoted text :

> But when I try to select a group it says "Can't select group" and i
> never see that dummy message that leafnode is supposed to create.
>
> If I try to post something first with Gnus then it seems to work, and
> then the group can be accessed normally after the next fetchnews.

Leafnode functions as an batch-jobbed a-synchronious newsreader with
a server-funtion.
So any changes will become only effective after the next fetchnews-session
and an file entry will be set in the directory "interesting-groups".

Sometimes, the insertion of the groupname does fail for unknown causes
(to me that is), so I touch the group-name-entry manually in the
"interesting-groups" directory.

But gnus also must reread the .newsrc.eld to access a new group.

Cor

--
A well regulated free and independent Internet-militia, being necessary
to secure a free and independent Internet-community, the right of the