Re: How to set group parameters

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: How to set group parameters
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:49:03 +0200

Joakim Hove <hove@bccs.no> writes:

>    Secondly: when the group parameter(s) have indeed been set - how
>    can I inspect/query them (from lisp) i.e. in what variable are they
>    stored??

There are functions gnus-group-find-parameter,
gnus-group-get-parameter, gnus-group-fast-parameter.  But I don't
know what's the difference between them.

There are many places where group parameters can be stored.  Each
group itself can have parameters.  I think those are stored in
.newsrc.eld, but I don't know the internal Lisp data structure that
goes along with that.  Then a topic can have parameters, too (also
stored in .newsrc.eld).  Then, topics can be nested.  So a group gets
its own parameters, plus the parameters of the topic(s) it is in,
plus the supertopics of that topic (those topics).

And, finally, there is the variable gnus-parameters, which also
allows for specifying group parameters.

If the same parameter is stored in multiple places, I'm pretty sure
that the group parameter wins over all the others, and a subtopic
parameter wins over a supertopic parameter, but I don't know about
gnus-parameters.

Kai