"End of file during parsing" on gnus startup, group buffer empty

From: Roger Levy
Subject: "End of file during parsing" on gnus startup, group buffer empty
Date: 23 Jun 2004 21:15:38 -0700

Hi,

I just started having email access problems where I will start up Gnus
and get the error "End of file during parsing" before the Group buffer
fills up with the list of groups.  Gnus just then sits there with its
startup picture and I never get to my newsgroups/email.

The most recent thing that I think could have induced the problem is
that recently the disk where my news/mail is stored on filled up while
I was reading news, could have induced some write errors?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,

Roger