automating entries into nnimap-fancy-split

From: Sarir Khamsi
Subject: automating entries into nnimap-fancy-split
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:28:14 -0700

I am using nnimap-split-fancy rule to split up my incoming email (from
IMAP) with the following command:

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
(setq nnimap-split-fancy
      '(|
        ("from" "someEmailAddress" "mail.friends")
        ;; ...
        "mail.other"))

For friends, I manually place a new entry in the split rule for their
email address to go into a "mail.friends" group. Is there a way to
automate this process?

Ideally, I would like to get email from a new friend, press a button
that will now route their mail into my "mail.friends" group (and I
assume, modify my ~/.emacs file where this rule exists). Thanks.

Sarir