Re: automating entries into nnimap-fancy-split

From: Charles Phlip Chan
Subject: Re: automating entries into nnimap-fancy-split
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:26:59 -0400

On 21 Jul 2004, sarir.khamsi@raytheon.com wrote:

> Ideally, I would like to get email from a new friend, press a button
> that will now route their mail into my "mail.friends" group (and I
> assume, modify my ~/.emacs file where this rule exists). Thanks.

Unfortunately there is no way to do that with fancy split. However
you can acheive the same result by splitting mail using bbdb. The
details are here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?SplitMailUsingBbdb

I use it for friend and mailing-list. It works very well.

Charles

--
"Whip me.  Beat me.  Make me maintain AIX."
(By Stephan Zielinski)