rss feeds

From: Marko Lerota
Subject: rss feeds
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:53:49 +0200

I want to read my rss feeds in gnus, not any other external
program (mozilla, firefox).
Is it possible to hack this with -dump option in links or lynx?

Hrvoje Niksic used simular hack for displaying html mail
here it is:

(eval-after-load "mm-decode"
  '(push '("text/html"
           my-html-handler
           (lambda (handle) t))
         mm-inline-media-tests))

(defun my-html-handler (handle)
  (let ((source (mm-get-part handle))
        (tmpfile (make-temp-name "/tmp/tralala"))
        text)
    (with-temp-buffer
      (insert source)
      (write-region (point-min) (point-max) tmpfile nil 'silent)
      (delete-region (point-min) (point-max))
      (unwind-protect
          ;; It would be nice if we could use `call-process-region' to
          ;; feed the HTML to links's stdin thus avoiding the tmpfile.
          ;; But `links -dump /dev/stdin' doesn't work when stdin is a
          ;; pipe.
          (call-process "links" nil t nil "-dump" tmpfile)
        (delete-file tmpfile))

      ;; Delete the annoying three spaces preceding each line of links
      ;; output.
      (goto-char (point-min))
      (while (re-search-forward "^   " nil t)
        (delete-region (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)))

      (setq text (buffer-string)))

    (mm-insert-inline handle text)))

--