Re: rss feeds

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: rss feeds
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:08:06 GMT

Chris Green <cmg@dok.org> writes:

> Marko Lerota <cant@spamthis.org> writes:
>
>> I want to read my rss feeds in gnus, not any other external program
>> (mozilla, firefox).  Is
>
> I've thought about using this: http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/rss2email/.
>
> I don't really like nnrss backend since it really just adds a lot more
> foreign servers that could make gnus take forever on startup.

I just started using rss2email. I'm pretty happy with it so far. It
has the advantage that I can have the stories forwarded to my mobile
phone. I can ssh from my phone to gnus as well, but the email can be
read on the phone even offline.

It does seem to be sending me a lot of duplicate stories; sometimes I
get the same article a few times during the day. That could be a
problem with those feeds, but I haven't looked very closely to see if
it is something about r2e yet.

-johnsu01