Re: IMAP diagnostics questions

From: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: IMAP diagnostics questions
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:53:40 +0200

jesse@phiwumbda.org (Jesse F. Hughes) writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> I think your messages looks quite confusing, though.  Perhaps C-k them
>> and resubscribe them, to get the server definition of the groups
>> correct, will help.
>
> Now *that* seems to help.  Boy, it's a lot faster now.  Thanks much.

Sorry, I don't think I really made my point here.

It is very, very, very, very, very, very much faster now.  It is
amazingly fast.

For somewhere around three to five years, I previously used IMAP (not
with a local server).  During that entire time, I must have suffered
from the same damn problem, because I remember how slow it was to
fetch mail from a slew of groups.  I more or less hated IMAP, largely
because of speed issues.

Geez, Louise.  I bet I sat there waiting for my mail groups for, oh,
about a month over the course of those years.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

--
"I'd step through arguments in such detail that it was like I was
teaching basic arithmetic and some poster would come back and act like