nnimap + SPAM: split incoming mail twice

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: nnimap + SPAM: split incoming mail twice
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:00:01 +0200

Hello

So far my gnus setting for dealing with spam
has been the following.

(setq
                 nnimap-split-rule  'nnimap-split-fancy
                 nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
                 nnimap-split-fancy  '(|
                                                           (: spam-split)
                                                           ;; default mailbox
                                                           "MAILBOX"))

 (setq spam-use-BBDB-exclusive  t)
 (setq spam-use-BBDB t)
(require  'spam)
(setq spam-move-spam-nonspam-groups-only nil)

There a little false negative in my MAILBOX, but a some false
positives in my SPAM group, which I manually search then.

Couldn't  I run in this SPAM  group again nnimap-split-fancy splitting
in order to obtain

say SPAM.REAL
and
SPAM.HAM.
Of course now I want to use some bayesian filter or some text
analysis, would spam-stat be a possibility, but how, I looked in the
documentation and I don't see whether I can use it or not.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer