Re: Gathering certain emails from across groups in one; labels

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Gathering certain emails from across groups in one; labels
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:51:03 +0200

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:18:17 -0500, David wrote:

>> First, I need to label the emails that belong to a topic. Ahh, I
>> can just edit the emails and add a Keywords:-header¹.

>> Then I need to gather those emails in one group somehow. Hmm,
>> nnvirtual gathers all emails from groups whose names match a
>> regexp. Oh, and with limiting I can see a subset of those!

> The first step is simple enough.

(For IMAP as well? (I don't use IMAP, but my colleague does)).

> For the second step, I would rather use an indexing engine such as
> namazu, and nnir to search in the index. You can tell namazu to
> index the Keyword header, and then you can specify search strings
> such as "+keyword:<yourlabel>" to nnir (included in recent Gnus
> versions) and get the result set in a few seconds. Of course you
> have to schedule the indexer to run regularly, but that's OK, namazu
> has an incremental index builder so rerunning it is really quick.

> How does that sound?

Way faster! :-)

All I need then is to figure out how to create a group that
automatically "contains" a pre-defined nnir-search.

(And set up namazu, but I think I've done that before).

  Best regards,

--
 "That's 'Doctor Destiny, _sir_' to you."                     Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk