Re: How to use Maildir for everything? How to duplicate behaviour of mut

From: Juhapekka Tolvanen
Subject: Re: How to use Maildir for everything? How to duplicate behaviour of mutt?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:15:33 +0300

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Juhapekka Tolvanen <SNAFU.juhtolv@iki.fi.FUBAR.invalid> wrote:
>> Here is one unsuccesfull attempt:

>> (setq gnus-message-archive-group '(concat
>> "nnmaildir:sent-mail-"(format-time-string "%Y-%m") ) )

> Try this:
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>       '((concat "nnmaildir:sent-mail-" (format-time-string "%Y-%m"))))
> (Note the extra parentheses around the concat call.)

Thanks! It works!

But that setting has just one drawback: every message goes to
sent-mail-2004-09, no matter it was news article or E-Mail message.
So, it would be better, if News Articles were copied to
sent-news-YYYY-MM and E-Mails were copied to sent-mail-2004-YYYY-MM .
How that could be achieved?

What if I send some message both to some person or mailing via E-Mail
and to news group via news? How such messages could be copied to both of
the aforementioned folders?

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"halpojen hoitojen maailma uljas haluaa taistosi latistaa, mielesi