Re: X-post and/or fu2

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: X-post and/or fu2
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:30:45 +0100

On  1 nov 2004, Reiner Steib wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 01 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
> > I often do C-c C-f x to X-post and fu2 on different group. I
> > currently use several NNTP server and for the life of me
> > don't know why I can't expand the newsgroup name without
> > having to add the method in front of it.
>
> The following patch adds all (not only nntp groups) to the
> completion list. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, though.
> Could you please test and report back.

I will soon (tonight).

> > In fact, say I want to X-post/Fu2 on comp.emacs. If I want
> > Gnus to say it has found a match, I have to explicitly say:
> > nntp+server:comp.emacs otherwise, just typing comp.emacs
> > doesn't match and Gnus asks me whether I want to use a
> > possibly unknown group.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what your problem is here. Could you
> be more specific? gnus-select-method,

gnus-select-method is using nnnil backend.

All my NNTP groups are in the secondary "slot".

> gnus-secondary-select-methods, is it a foreign group? What
> headers (Newsgroups, Followup-To, X-Draft-From) does the
> message have exactly before sending?

Ok. If I take this example (this message), here is what I see:

,----
| Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
`----

If I tell Gnus to Xpost and fu2 on say, gnu.emacs.help, I do:

C-c C-f x.

Then I am prompted for a group (it is set to poster by default).
I then type: gnu.emacs.help and gnus still say it has no match.
If I prefix this with: "nntp+news.gnu-rox.org:", gnus says it
matches.

This is kind of annoying since I don't recall all newsgroup group
name :/ and I fear that letting the method part would break
something -i.e. what is the incidence of letting the "nntp+..."
part when sending the message ?-.

Regards
--
  "GNU is my religion"