GNUS and 300MB spool file

From: Rafal Jedruszek
Subject: GNUS and 300MB spool file
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:53:09 +0100

HI,

My spool file (/var/mail/necui) growed to 312MB.  Unfortunately GNUS didn't
manage to import this.  I blowed one's top, when I saw that all mail has
been deleted.  But then I found a file called ".emacs-mail-crash-box" in my
home directory.  So it is good, I'm comfortable now.

But here is my problem:  how to make GNUS import these mails?  GNUS tries on
every start, but can't do this,  it shows me these messages:

| Opening nnml server...done
| nnml: Reading incoming mail from file...
| Processing mail from ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box...
| mm-insert-file-contents: Maximum buffer size exceeded

In Internet I found only some opinions to use 64bit computer or split the
file into smaller parts.  But how can I split the file into smaller parts,
while it contains mails...

Anyone have any clue?

--
Zabić ją ! - przestrogą dla mych zbyt ambitnych marzeń ! / studnią |
Zabić ją ! - zatrzymuje obieg mojej wiary !      ,______/ dźwięków |