Re: GNUS and 300MB spool file

From: Rafal Jedruszek
Subject: Re: GNUS and 300MB spool file
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:05:38 +0100

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:

> With a text editor (but not Emacs) or some other mailer.
>
> This is the fault of Emacs. Its designers thought that 28 bits of
> integer should be enough for everyone...

Thanks for help.  What have I done:
| csplit -z BIG_SPOOL_FILE_FULL_OF_MAILS "/^From /" {*}

I have also written this script:
| #!/bin/sh
|
| for filename in *
| do
|   cat $filename | sed '1 d' > $filename
|   echo $filename
| done
|
| exit 0

This script removes first line from all files in the current catalogue.
This is probably needed because all mails in spool file starts with "From
bla bla bla" and this line should be deleted, I think.

And then I added this directory to GNUS with "G D" shortcut
(gnus-group-enter-directory).  Then I marked all articles with "M P
a" (gnus-uu-mark-all) and respooled them to nnml groups with "B
R" (gnus-summary-respool-article).  Everything seems to be OK.

--
Zabić ją ! - przestrogą dla mych zbyt ambitnych marzeń ! / studnią |
Zabić ją ! - zatrzymuje obieg mojej wiary !      ,______/ dźwięków |