Re: Gnus & slrnpull

From: reg
Subject: Re: Gnus & slrnpull
Date: 9 Nov 2004 20:54:26 GMT

On 2004-11-09, Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08 2004, tux@nowhere.com wrote:
>
>>  (setq gnus-alternative-select-method ' (nnspool ""))
>
> There is no such variable in Gnus.

Hmmm I am not sure where I got that variable from, I have tried a lot
of different ideas from info I found googling.

I have removed that line and replaced with :

   (setq gnus-select-method ' (nnspool ""))

 as shown in Gnus manual.... still doesn't work though  >:-)

>> Anyone know how to get Gnus and slrnpull working together ?
>> I tried leafnode instead of slrnpull
>
> I don't know about slrnpull, but leafnode works fine with Gnus (I use
> the beta version leafnode2).
>
>> and had problems with it on my system Debian Sarge.
>
> IIRC, the leafnode maintainer complained that Debian (dunno which
> version) still ships a buggy version of leafnode.  Maybe you should
> try the original (current stable or leafnode2-beta) and ask about
> remaining problems on the leafnode list.

Ah thank you, I didn't know about that. I will have another look at
leafnode and also have a look at the leafnode list.

I found a cached post somewhere (with google) that showed someone had
got slrnpull working O.K with Gnus... guess I am going to have to keep
digging and researching.

I can use Gnus O.K on line and can post with it, now if I can just sort
caching to spool   >:-)

Thanks for the comments,

   Regards
   Reg