Re: html rendering in gnus

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: html rendering in gnus
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:55:06 +0100

On Mon, Nov 29 2004, Jay Bromley wrote:

> First, I'd like to use elinks to do my HTML mail rendering. Right
> now I set mm-text-html-renderer to lynx and have lynx symlinked to
> elinks. This is a kludge though, as the lynx -> elinks thing is
> bogus and I had to edit mm-view.el to eliminate a flag that elinks
> doesn't understand. I noticed there is an option to use a
> user-defined function and I'd like to write a function to use elinks
> with the appropriate flags, but I've no idea what this function
> should look like. I (think I) have a sufficient grasp on Elisp, but
> I don't know anything about what the function takes and what it
> should evaluate to. I read the Gnus manual, but seemed to miss any
> info there might be about this.  Pointers to docs or template
> functions would be very much appreciated.

Have a look at `mm-text-html-renderer-alist' and friends.  I'd guess
you want something along this line:

(require 'mm-view)
(add-to-list 'mm-text-html-renderer-alist
             '(elinks mm-inline-render-with-stdin nil
                      "elinks" "-flag1" "-flag2"))
(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'elinks)

`mm-text-html-renderer' is documented in (info "(emacs-mime)Display
Customization").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,