Re: is it me or is imap support a bit problematic?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: is it me or is imap support a bit problematic?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 02:40:43 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
> So the problem is that the Uni groups are marked unavailable (*) and
> new mail is not reported for them after splitting.  Without splitting,
> the same server works fine.  Is this more or less correct?

yes, that's basically it.

> Have you tried this with and without the agent?

i had the problem with the agent, then disabled it for the problematic imap
server, still had the problem, then disabled splitting, and the problem
went away. the only thing i haven't tried is not splitting with the agent
running. should i try that?

> What IMAP servers are you accessing (name and version)?

how do i get this info? if i telnet to port 143 on either server, i do get
an OK message with some info, but not what server is running. also the
*imap-debug* buffer doesn't seem to mention it.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments