Re: Incomingxxx files

From: Nelson Ferreira
Subject: Re: Incomingxxx files
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:08:54 -0500

"Cheng" == Cheng Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:

    Cheng> ,----[ C-h v mail-source-delete-incoming RET ] |
    Cheng> mail-source-delete-incoming's value is t
    Cheng> |
    Cheng> | *If non-nil, delete incoming files after handling.
    Cheng> | If t, delete immediately, if nil, never delete.  If a positive
number, delete
    Cheng> | files older than number of days.
    Cheng> |
    Cheng> | You can customize this variable.
    Cheng> |
    Cheng> | Defined in `mail-source'.
    Cheng> `----

    Cheng> I always delete them.

Since it is a *beta* version and even with all the quality and care of
the Gnus bugs fixing boys and girls I opt to have the following in my
personal cron:

0 4 * * * (/bin/rm `find /home/njsf/Mail/purgeable -name "Incoming*" -ctime 3
`) > /dev/null 2>&1

And of course I also have:

(setq mail-source-incoming-file-prefix "purgeable/Incoming_")

To place the files out of sight :)

--
Nelson Ferreira