Re: Cannot read mail -- Invalid character: 035077, 14911, 0x3a3f

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Cannot read mail -- Invalid character: 035077, 14911, 0x3a3f
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:12:45 +0100

On Sat, Dec 11 2004, Henrik S. Hansen wrote:

> For some reason, I cannot read my mail.  When Gnus tries to open my mail
> group, it says "Invalid character: 035077, 14911, 0x3a3f" in the mode
> line.  Looking in the *Messages* buffer, the message seems to come from
> gnus-score-string.

Please send the exact message and not only your interpretation.  It
might be some invalid char in one of your score files.

Can you enter the group using M-RET (gnus-group-quick-select-group)?

,----[ C-h f gnus-group-quick-select-group RET ]

`----

On Sat, Dec 11 2004, Aidan Kehoe wrote:

>  Ar an t-aonú lá déag de mí na Nollaig, scríobh Henrik S. Hansen:
>
>  > As I'm guessing this is not a bug in Gnus, I must've done something
>  > wrong.  But what?
>
> Sounds like a bug in Gnus. Try deleting any cache files--their names _may_
> end in .eld, if I remember the architecture of the thing correctly.

What exactly do you mean by (Gnus) cache files?  The only *.eld file
of Gnus I'm aware of is ~/.newsrc.eld and I would not recommend to
delete this.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,